Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winchester washer shot is likely not a true measure of slingshot skills after all it is referred to as a Trick Shot. I put the washer in a rapid spin flipping it upward so it's a risk getting the shot through the spin and through the hole and it has to be a pretty quick shot. First with a 1/2 inch white tracer marble and then with a rock sort of Rufus Style. No doubt Rufus would have hammered it right on through.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Ole Dead Eye. Nice shootin. With skill like that do you ever go partridge hunting? Seems anything within 20-30 feet is in for a world of hurt.

·
Super Genius
337 Posts
speechless....
well, other than saying "speechess"..

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad some of you fellows liked the shots. The washer is about the size of a half dollar and the hole is 9/18 inch in diameter so it is a Trick getting the ammo a half inch and larger to clear the hole and generally done by force. The rock was larger than the hole so it had to get a good smack.
After seeing Bill Hays do this shot I got the Winchester 73' movie to see how this shot was done. Of course with the movie industry some things are not what they seem to be. But with the moving the washer is not spinning at all and it is a very close shot and the event have everything to do with placement and timing.
That said I have found when your tossing the coin yourself it is better to flip the coin in a rapid spin then grab the pre loaded shot and go for the center and it will go through as long as the coin is not directly hit on it's edge. Through some experimenting it is nearly impossible to flip the coin and shoot through the coin by timing the event so that you release the shot as the coin is facing your shot.
Any of you fellows can make this shot just flip the coin in a fast spin and bang it or have someone toss the coin for you so that the face of the coin is facing you just like the movie and it is a shot that can be made with little shooting experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts