Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to add some paracord to cover the handle(s) but I haven't got that exactly figured out yet - I figured it would be good to show the bare wire before I got to carried away - I'm thinking and hoping more than a few variations of similar ones in the future might be fun to play with :what: :hmm: ;)

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a nice tuber. Will you be able to rig flats on it as well?
Thanks for the compliment! I'm guessing you could do about whatever a guy wanted to do.....That's the part I haven't figured out yet - I'll post a photo or 2 when I get it done - I like IMHO because the handle could be braided up in more than a few variations and once I made the fixture for bending they could be done pretty quick - It takes about as long to polish the ends where the tubes go as it does to make the whole thing! I'm also thinking rubber tubing could be added for a filler as well - Time and my brain power will tell!!

Registered
Looks like a nice tuber. Will you be able to rig flats on it as well?
Thanks for the compliment! I'm guessing you could do about whatever a guy wanted to do.....That's the part I haven't figured out yet - I'll post a photo or 2 when I get it done - I like IMHO because the handle could be braided up in more than a few variations and once I made the fixture for bending they could be done pretty quick - It takes about as long to polish the ends where the tubes go as it does to make the whole thing! I'm also thinking rubber tubing could be added for a filler as well - Time and my brain power will tell!!
I'll be eager to see what you come up with my friend

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is good work.

How did you bend it? Heat or cold? Tools?
It is stainless welding rod - I made a fixture to control the bends and shaped it cold - Nothing much to it but the fixture helped a LOT to keep it symmetrical where needed. Wish there was more to it but there's not - I hope to come up with some more designs as I like working with the wire and all the possibilities.

Registered
I'm thinking that you could suspend it in clear or light colored resin then shape the handle so you could see the steel through it. Wear a good respirator!
IF I knew how to use resin that would be a neat idea!!
Nothing to it, just mix and pour. The tough part would be building a form out of ducktape or foam or ?? to pour into. There are guys here who do that stuff all the time. Just ask.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm thinking that you could suspend it in clear or light colored resin then shape the handle so you could see the steel through it. Wear a good respirator!
IF I knew how to use resin that would be a neat idea!!
Nothing to it, just mix and pour. The tough part would be building a form out of ducktape or foam or ?? to pour into. There are guys here who do that stuff all the time. Just ask.
OK....Is there a particular brand of resin to buy? I get a lot of stuff from AMAZON....is there a specific name to search for or? Is the material's proper name "Casting Resin"?

Registered
OK....Is there a particular brand of resin to buy? I get a lot of stuff from AMAZON....is there a specific name to search for or? Is the material's proper name "Casting Resin"?

Ok you resin guys. Time for you to step up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.