Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I’m pretty recent to slingshots. Had one when I was younger, but I’d say I’ve really only been into slingshots seriously since early June of this year. I’ve been on the forum since October. I found the forum because I was hoping that, as somebody new to the hobby, I could find some locals to learn from and shoot with. I started looking online. But I don’t see too many Wisconsin shooters out there. Don’t get me wrong, I love the forum. It’s so helpful. I’ve learned a bunch, gotten some good opinions, and seen some really cool stuff. But is anyone out there close to, or know about any slingshot related clubs or events near the greater Milwaukee area? I’m doing my best to spread the slingshot word. It’s pretty much 75% of all my conversations to anyone willing to listen. The thing is, I can’t find anything on the internet related to slingshots in my area that isn’t about driving a Polaris.

·
Registered
815 Posts
That be me Franklin, Wisconsin I shoot in my basement during the winter and in my back yard the rest of the time! Most people think I'm unusual but so it goes,I enjoy shooting/hitting a target and my guns are to expensive and loud.At 68 it's one of the things I still enjoy but I don't know of any clubs or compitition around here . I probably wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member anyhow For me it's been pretty much a solitary thing.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Northern Michigan here, no slingers in my area either. I show my frames to people that love the craftsmanship involved but have no interest in shooting them. Oh well, I kind of like being part of such a specialized bunch!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tell people that I like slingshots and I hear a lot of "no way. You mean like with rubber bands and rocks?" I say "well kind of." Then I get excited and I'm showing pictures and more or less talking ears off. Especially if I have a couple beers in me. I've had a few friends buy slingshots but they all lose interest fast. I also have a shooting range in my basement. I think that that helps. Most people don't have that and give it up when they can't sling every day. I try teaching my friends kids and kids in my family, but they all have the attention span of goldfish. I love them but it's true.

I'm in my 30's. The only people that are interested around here are my dad, who just likes to hang out while I shoot, which is awesome and produces lots of great conversations, and my moms brothers who like the nostalgia and memories from when they were kids.

It's fun. We laugh. We have a good time. I like being part of a small community. It just seems so crazy to me that so few people are into something so cool and fun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never done anything Facebook before. I'm not a big computer guy. I just started being a smartphone guy. Born in the wrong era I guess. This is my first and only forum.

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and get a Facebook... might be time to use the internet to make the world a little smaller.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,155 Posts
I've never done anything Facebook before. I'm not a big computer guy. I just started being a smartphone guy. Born in the wrong era I guess. This is my first and only forum.

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and get a Facebook... might be time to use the internet to make the world a little smaller.
Not a big Facebook fan here either.....am on there, but very rarely ever get on....not all it's cracked up to be IMHO.
I'd rather spend my time on the sling forums or building slings instead( much more satisfying)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts