Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went out back for a quick practice session while taking a break from work. Picked up my A+ PS2, Tex-Shooters target bands, and my crazy Gobstopper jaw breaker candy ammo. First three shots, I hit three bullseyes in a row (1-1/2" diameter circle at 10 yards!) I was so flabberghasted that I had to put the slingshot down and come back inside to fix myself a can of Dr. Pepper (soda pop) for a celebration. Now my arm hurts from patting myself on the back so much.

Dang, I wish I could do that every time! When you have a lucky/exciting day like this, it really picks you up. I need to go put some money in lottery tickets now before my newfound luck runs out! (I know I'll probably never shoot like this again, so I'm really relishing the moment right now)

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
I have been practicing twice a day and am starting to feel like I am getting better all the time. 5 in a row at 10 meters is my best so far with the others all near misses. Got to keep working on it. Enjoy the moment
Phil

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also practice at work. Go out back, with cardboard box filled with layers of more cardboard and padding.
I just tried tapered bands. I cut two of my 15" x 1" bands into four pieces, 0.75" x 0.25" x 15".
By the time it's all tied together, the stretching part is 10.75".
Way lower pull, much farther shooting with much reduced effort.

Put doubles onto my over-the-top Y, wowsa!
Over 20' trees at 100yds. Amazing stuff.
Round blue marbles from the craft store, the kind that folks put into jars to hold flowers.

I need to make a better Y.
The one I made is 7-layer ply but it was cut from a scrap and the notch isn't quite deep enough.
Get occasional fork hits. I'm learning myself to flip it, to keep hits down.

Paul
You'd think I was hooked (hand protector)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.