Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I joined this Forum, I had no idea it would make such a positive impact on my life. I try to learn something from everyone I come into contact with. I even learn from people’s negative thoughts and opinions. My Christmas was very special to my wife and I this year, do to a hard working young Mother of three. This young Mother of three works for minimum wages in a convenience store. Her husband has a medical condition that has caused him to become unable to work. I worked with her Father years ago, so I know the family. Her Mother and Father have both passed on, so it’s especially tough this time of the year. Over the past few weeks I kept asking her leading questions about what she and her family did for Christmas. She said they have a nice meal, and open maybe one or two presents consisting of mainly school clothes. I save my change over the course of the year to buy fun stuff???????? this year my wife and I decided to give some money so that each child could have something fun to open. After giving this Mother the money, she asked if I had an extra minute. Right before Christmas, her middle Son gave her an envelope containing $5.00 and a note saying this was to help her out so she didn’t have to work so hard❤ This is not meant to brag, in fact far from it. I asked her not to tell anyone about the money, just enjoy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.