Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one that makes board cut sling shots is always looking for wood. Here is a partial list of places I have found really good wood and most of it was free. Drive around on trash day and pick up furniture that has been thrown out. Lots of the older furniture was made of solid wood. Garage sales are loaded with table leaves or other furniture at a very reasonable price. Junk stores will have donations come in that are broken and some will be solid wood. Older TV cabinets were solid wood as well as the old record and radio player cabinets. I found one of the that was 6 feet long and made of solid maple. Hope this gives someone food for thought.

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
Any one that makes board cut sling shots is always looking for wood. Here is a partial list of places I have found really good wood and most of it was free. Drive around on trash day and pick up furniture that has been thrown out. Lots of the older furniture was made of solid wood. Garage sales are loaded with table leaves or other furniture at a very reasonable price. Junk stores will have donations come in that are broken and some will be solid wood. Older TV cabinets were solid wood as well as the old record and radio player cabinets. I found one of the that was 6 feet long and made of solid maple. Hope this gives someone food for thought.
i love scavenging . on my way to and from work, i check the bins behind local stores and alleyways of peoples houses.. i have found all kinds of treasure in the form of wood.
and i have only scratched the surface.. i need to scout the cabinetmakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts