Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Did something stupid - a 1/2" dia. counterbore for a binding post was drilled all the way thru. Not sure where my head was.......
Was just going to throw it in the woodstove but it was ridiculously hot in the house already anyway.
So I threw some bands on it and had a hunk of wheelchair tire rim liner rubber. Which makes real lousy slingshot bands by the way. Don't ask how I know........
So I played with a wrap for the thing and am actually kind of OK with it. It grips real nice and the Sidewinder shoots real nice anyway.
90 mm x 120 mm x 13 mm thick. Crappy slow black Theraband bands. A donation from my son-in-law who wore them out exercising apparently.
Not a real looker but it shoots good and it was warm enough in the house anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“ stuff “ happens Ed, good save though.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve overshot the finger holes size when tuning a flute, and had to plug it then start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Working with wood is nice that way isn't it? Just plug the hole and do it again!
You have mentioned before your flute making. Do you have a spot where you have photos and or describe that endeavour a bit more? It sounds very interesting.
Our youngest daughter-in-law is a young child educator and I made her a bunch of different whistles on the lathe and let her choose her favourite. She uses it every day to get the kids attention. She really likes it as it has a very melodic sound and she says she only has to lift it now (its on a lanyard around her neck) and the kids quiet right down cause they know what is coming! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts