·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle part Pliers Tool Metal Auto part
I see posts from all over the world...How about a personal favorite like this,

My shooter right now is...

Cast aluminum frame no wrist brace.

Saunders black tubes hand tied to frame some times as they wear I'll the tie pouch too.

Ammo: I shoot wire balls of my own making

The sling shot is a legal method of taking game and nongame animals and birds

I shoot for fun, hunt small game for food,
and love to amaze the Chicks with beanflip feats of skill.

[ In all honesty, I don't think I have really pulled off that last one, but ...Hey you gotta keep practicing to get it right! ]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Great looking slingshot, never seen one quite like it before, did you make it??
My favorites right now have to be my NSA WhamO update from Flatband, and my Pocket Poacher II from MilbroproshotUK both set up with Gary's bands, and above all naturals.
I also love shooting vintage forks Victor 20, WhamO, and Slingbow. Want a ZIP ZIP one day when I can get one cheap and set it up as it was per the original Patent.
I don't hunt and my targets of choice are pizza boxes. Ammo marbles.
I shoot marbles, but do shoot BB's and Chickpeas just with of other slingshots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great looking slingshot, never seen one quite like it before, did you make it??
My favorites right now have to be my NSA WhamO update from Flatband, and my Pocket Poacher II from MilbroproshotUK both set up with Gary's bands, and above all naturals.
I also love shooting vintage forks Victor 20, WhamO, and Slingbow. Want a ZIP ZIP one day when I can get one cheap and set it up as it was per the original Patent.
I don't hunt and my targets of choice are pizza boxes. Ammo marbles.
I shoot marbles, but do shoot BB's and Chickpeas just with of other slingshots.

I do love the wood frames and traditonals, nice set. The only Chickpeas I see are in a can.. but use dog food kernels for fun.
I did make that frame, because I kept getting out bid on ebay....Plinking is my favorite of the flippin' forms I have pizza boxes on my range as I type.

Keep flippin',

Dan

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
I still like my Dankung Jungle Hunter II's and just ordered a Dunkung Fox from Truly Texas for shooting just for fun and carrying with me all the time for odd shooting opportunities. I keep a butt pack with me and a magnet charged with 3/8" ammo. Guys still challenge me on the accuracy of a slingshot and I enjoy showing them,(for a small fee) how one can severely strike objects with pistol like accuracy within 30 yards or so. I like the wooden slingshots too, and I shoot flats with them from time to time, but something keeps me shooting the metal slingshots rigged with small diameter tubes the most. I have a ghost rigged with Theraband gold singles and it packs a powerful and accurate punch with 3/8" steel. I used it the last time I went up against a pistol at the range. The slingshot was received very well after it was shown to be able to hit consistently on pistol targets.
"No brag pilgrim, just fact."

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do those wire balls fly ?

How far they go ?
I figured you would have already tried... but too answer your question, "like the wind." Learned this from Oklahoma man who's family still subsistance hunts,
He told me of their family squirrel hunts,and this is the ammo they used...his flip was dog wood with what looked to be tapered flat bands and a simple leather pouch, it was as beautiful as they come. A true practical purist...a master of the art.

I make mot of mine from black stove wire each ball about +/- 5/8" from around about 12" of wire. Using pliers, fold over the end onto itself the size you want your ammo then do it again.pinch the tip and wind remaining wire onto itself , last bit form a hook and squish it into the ball, and lastly pinch ball with pliers . so no sharp ends protrude..." It's kinda like flytying, man."

I think they realease more energy when they hit because of the ridges and they will expand somewhat on impact not being solid..and quite possibly go faster because some air could be passing through, I can let the Tech-Heads figure why,It is just something I picked up along the way.
Try 'em,
Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still like my Dankung Jungle Hunter II's and just ordered a Dunkung Fox from Truly Texas for shooting just for fun and carrying with me all the time for odd shooting opportunities. I keep a butt pack with me and a magnet charged with 3/8" ammo. Guys still challenge me on the accuracy of a slingshot and I enjoy showing them,(for a small fee) how one can severely strike objects with pistol like accuracy within 30 yards or so. I like the wooden slingshots too, and I shoot flats with them from time to time, but something keeps me shooting the metal slingshots rigged with small diameter tubes the most. I have a ghost rigged with Theraband gold singles and it packs a powerful and accurate punch with 3/8" steel. I used it the last time I went up against a pistol at the range. The slingshot was received very well after it was shown to be able to hit consistently on pistol targets.
"No brag pilgrim, just fact."
I Love that small fee part...
Will look up those flips, sound like some I will like to try!
It aint braggin',
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.