Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hi What size shot mould would you bye ? we are about to m/c the master patterns and a bit of last minuet research on the OD size in mm you would bye thanks for your help Pete

MOULD PICTURES NOW UP
page 2

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
I would say 10mm.
I thought you were planning on having a basic setup that could be easily set to the ball size ordered by the customer.
I would personally want a 10mm mould, but I'm not representative of the entire slingshot community.
I think that having a model that the customer can order in one of several different orientations would be the best compromise.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say 10mm.
I thought you were planning on having a basic setup that could be easily set to the ball size ordered by the customer.
Hi i think i said that the master tooling would be the same size letting us make diffrent size mould from them .i would not be practical to offer a bespoke service for shot size?
we will start with 2/3 sizes and then over a time increase our mould range.sorry if my early post was not clear
all the best Pete

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
11mm

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm shooting 10mm at the moment and happy with those at about 7.5-8 grams. Have a feeling I may like the lighter 9mm better but not had the chance to try.
I feel if you did 9, 10 and 11mm you'd have most covered.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
I would be happy with 11-12mm, though I was hoping for a rather robust 16mm from you.

I have both of the dual-caliber Do-It Industries gang moulds, one in .31/.38 and the other in .44/.50. I think if you offered two calibres per mould, more people would buy them but that's just my opinion. I know being able to pour two sizes in one mould is a major plus for me.

Best of luck to you in this endeavour!

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
I'd have to say 9.5, 11, 13, and 16 mm

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would be happy with 11-12mm, though I was hoping for a rather robust 16mm from you.

I have both of the dual-caliber Do-It Industries gang moulds, one in .31/.38 and the other in .44/.50. I think if you offered two calibres per mould, more people would buy them but that's just my opinion. I know being able to pour two sizes in one mould is a major plus for me.

Best of luck to you in this endeavour!
Hi the 16mm is the first one we are making but i also like the idear of 2 sizes out of the same mould will talk to my gyes about this, the mould can cope with it
it would mean less moulds to make and a better value for money ?dont you think,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.