Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from Louisiana. I discovered accurate slingshots by accident while while looking for info on shepard slings. I have been using one of those for a few years and let me tell you, it's tough to be accurate with that. After several years, I am finally able to hit my mailbox from 30, 40 feet most of the time with a good size rock so when I saw a video on how accurate sling shots could be, I had to have one.

It hasn't been a month yet and I can hit a beer can pretty often from 15 paces. Pretty soon, I will be able to go after the pesky squirrels that are living in my attic.

It's going to be nice to be able to compare notes with others in this hobby.

Nemo

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,444 Posts
Hey, we found Nemo !

Welcome from Georgia brother, you've found the best bunch of slingshot addicts there ever was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you'll find many squirrel hunters around here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't realize there were so many guys shooting these things. It's only been a month and I have four slinghots already. My favorite is the sideshooter so I'm going to stick with that one for a while. I'm still practicing, shot up all my old 357 caliber wadcutters from my reloading days, now I have 3/8 steel balls. As soon as I can reliably hit that beer can 50% of the time, I'm going to start in on the squirrels . They are getting fat and bold eating my birdseed.

I went with my wife to her chiropracter and stocked up on Black and Silver Theraband from their storage shelf, maybe three feet of each, no Gold though. The attendant didn't mind at all when I told him I just wanted a foot or two of those two rolls. I have a good size scrap of latigo leather from the shoe repair shop that will keep me in leather pouches for a while

So far, the neighbors havent complaned. Whenever I shoot one of my air guns, his dog starts howling and he calls the cops. They have been here three times in the last 6 months. Starting to get to know them, don't know if that's good or not. Even with my ldc on, that dog still starts up. So far, so good with the slingshot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts