Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Alright, I figured I would do an odd contest, and this is pretty out of the ordinary. The rules are pretty simple.

1. Thwack, Hulla Balloo, and I will judge. (Judges obviously aren't allowed to compete)
2. Whoever has the neatest wrap and tuck job wins. (If it's on a really nice frame you might get extra points)
3. You must include a close up picture of both the front and back of the fork tips.
4. This contest ends on the 10th

Get out those strips of Theraband, and get to wrapping!
The prize is a G10 and aluminum Colt
Plant Leaf Wood Terrestrial plant Hand tool

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Open to Tangoland participants?
I mean: the end of the World...
I would be willing to chip in for shipping and such. I feel the need to contribute...
Fair warning I have a mean WrapNtuck game.

When I get home and get my chores done... I'll wrapoing til I die
Ninja ask the ole slingers
If you thinkN I lie
Ere'bidy 'member
Don't shoot out yer eye!

We be tip top wrapin'
Flippery fwackin til...
Til the contest is endin'
And the Judges are finished!

Nailed it!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm in!
934fc26f97fe6c47b20becfc13dc40f6.jpg
f41a67de1439e61e7a0107bbfacc71c2.jpg

You may notice that the tag ends of the wrap are not trimmed perfectly flush to the frame. That is because I don't pull the tag all the way through, so that a quick tug on the tag will allow me to quickly undo the wrap without cutting anything. I don't remember if I saw this on here, or just started doing it on my own, but either way it works great!

Thanks!

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: Tag

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in!

You may notice that the tag ends of the wrap are not trimmed perfectly flush to the frame. That is because I don't pull the tag all the way through, so that a quick tug on the tag will allow me to quickly undo the wrap without cutting anything. I don't remember if I saw this on here, or just started doing it on my own, but either way it works great!
Thanks!
Looking good!

Reactions: Tag

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Ok guys, just for you wiseguys, frameless slingshots won't be considered.

...just thought I'd mention that, being a wiseass myself...

THWACK!

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts

THWACK!
If you wrap and tuck when shooting frameless you have to keep your shooting sessions short so that your fingertips don't turn purple and fall off.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts

THWACK!
If you wrap and tuck when shooting frameless you have to keep your shooting sessions short so that your fingertips don't turn purple and fall off.
I think they turn black from gangrene, I may be mistaken - I've been mistaken twice before.

Reactions: The Norseman

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ha, cool contest. Thanks for the chance!

I hope my alternative tying media is acceptable- I can submit another entry if it's not.

I was proud of this wrap-n-tuck job (what am I doing with my life?) upon completing it, so it's lucky this contest pops up before I ended up replacing the bands. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
I'm in!

Thanks!
Is that an eYshot shooter with a Jack Fruit scale? :question:

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm in!

Thanks!
Is that an eYshot shooter with a Jack Fruit scale? :question:
The scale looks like Osage to me...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.