Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
I'm in!
934fc26f97fe6c47b20becfc13dc40f6.jpg
f41a67de1439e61e7a0107bbfacc71c2.jpg

You may notice that the tag ends of the wrap are not trimmed perfectly flush to the frame. That is because I don't pull the tag all the way through, so that a quick tug on the tag will allow me to quickly undo the wrap without cutting anything. I don't remember if I saw this on here, or just started doing it on my own, but either way it works great!

Thanks!
Is that an eYshot shooter with a Jack Fruit scale? :question:
This is an undersized Ranger that I made out of Walnut and Osage. Unless someone switched some of my Osage for Jack Fruit![emoji848]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What about this guy?

Plant Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wood Table

Green Plant Leaf Wood Automotive tire

Frame by Hrawk.

I was going to post this earlier as my entry, but I realised that it's not really wrap and tuck. They're Nooski rat traps bands, also known as castration rings.

Tidy, though!

So ignore this, it's not my entry.

Attachments

Ok, here's my actual entry. The frame is an AshCat Fury in Kauri plywood, finished in satin lacquer. Sanctband Plum, a Leon13 pouch, with wrap and tuck in mystery green latex. The tuck is hidden on the side of the fork.

Plant Axe Wood Tool Tree
Leaf Musical instrument Wood Purple Guitar accessory
Musical instrument Purple Wood Textile Sleeve

Attachments

It is my opinion that 3danman presented two very clear photos of the finest in wrap and tuck.

This is after lots of coffee, lots of reviewing each submission, and mopping up dog pee because I was so concentrated on this quest that the dog was neglected. My bad.

Dog 1, Thwack! 0

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Alright! All the judges have made their decisions, and 3danman is the winner! Congratulations to everyone who competed, y’all didn’t make it an easy choice. 3danman, I’ll get the slingshot shipped out as son as possible. I’m out of town now, but as soon as I get home, it will be on its way.

Thank you very much guys! I look forward to trying this frame and I'll try to pass along the favor in the future. Norseman, let me know if you need my shipping information, I'll sling ya a PM.

Thanks again everybody. The other submissions displayed some fine wrap-n-tuck prowess as well.

What a strange hobby this is....

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.