Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this is mostly a joke but I always finish my wraps at the back of the frame, facing the shooter, but I've noticed quite a few folks lately who finish theres in the front. So my question is, is this just a matter of preference? For some reason it just looks kinda chewy to me but to each his own lol.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Never noticed any difference. I start with a tie that looks to be about the right length and wrap it till it ends, which ever side that may be. I don't even care if the tie on either fork ends on the same side or not :neener:

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never noticed any difference. I start with a tie that looks to be about the right length and wrap it till it ends, which ever side that may be. I don't even care if the tie on either fork ends on the same side or not :neener:
That's just heresy for a guy with OCD lol!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I start at the front, using the rubber to hold the band in place, then use a 4/2 method. 4 wraps, fold up the tab, 2 wraps - tuck at the rear and trim. :)

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Ive always ended the tie on the target side. Thats how it was done in the how to videos i watched when i started and I've just continued.

Now you mention it I can't see what difference it makes.

I don't even care if the tie on either fork ends on the same side or not :neener:
That would drive me nuts and Ive never thought of my self as OCD :banghead:

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive always ended the tie on the target side. Thats how it was done in the how to videos i watched when i started and I've just continued.

Now you mention it I can't see what difference it makes.

I don't even care if the tie on either fork ends on the same side or not :neener:
That would drive me nuts and Ive never thought of my self as OCD :banghead:
I don't think it does I just like tidy ties lol. And to your second point, I know what you mean lol!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I always end on target side. I don't think it makes any difference to the security because it is after all one continuous piece of elastic. So whether you end it at the front or the back, it's still the same piece of elastic pulling against itself to lock the ends in - the force is evenly distributed all around. However, I do like to tuck on the target side for the simple reason so I don't have to look at a tuck knot. It's just neater that way towards the shooter and it won't trigger my OCD while I am trying to aim at something.

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
Yeah, I've never really thought about it either, but it seems as though I usually end on the target side or somewhere off to one side of the forks or the other, but rarely on the shooter side of the frame. There's probably something to be said about that, I'm just not sure what it is...

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I start and end the tie on the shooter side. I like to keep an eye on the warp and tuck so it being on the shooter side I tend to notice it more often.

And the way I often put the shooter in my cargo pocket the tuck side is less likely to rub on the fabric and untuck. I know, my tuck must be lousy if it can untuck. Sometimes I have been lazy and not make it more secure.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I start and end the tie on the shooter side. I like to keep an eye on the warp and tuck so it being on the shooter side I tend to notice it more often.

And the way I often put the shooter in my cargo pocket the tuck side is less likely to rub on the fabric and untuck. I know, my tuck must be lousy if it can untuck. Sometimes I have been lazy and not make it more secure.
Same here, just feels right to me to end it on the shooter side, feels like the ties are 'to the rear' & that's just makes sense to me. I actually thought this was like common practice until I started looking at how others did their ties.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts