Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
this has been a hard one to talk about! for the simple reason that it is one of a kind and i want to give Jskeen credit for this frame. not for its form, but for its scale and intended use. i have been shooting the behemoth now for 2 days, comparing to a variety of different frames, ease of use, accuracy, overall potential, i now have a very good feel for its potential, but if anyone (pop shot) would like to give it a run with their chrony to test the beast out i invite you since you do do such informative vids. any questions regarding the frame please ask and if i can answer i am sure James would be more than happy to answer!

below is the frame, named Bear Hunter by james, i call it Enormo! notice the balance, with attached brace it balances itself!
Land vehicle Shoe Cabinetry Leg Wood
i placed 2 hand fillers next to it for comparison! the dimensions are. H 8 1/2 " X W 5" X D 1 3/8" fork spacing 3" W/ BRACE 9 1/2"
Cabinetry Leg Dress Human body Wood
a few shots to show his craftsmanship even on such a purposeful frame.
Shoe Human body Jaw Wood Horn Luggage and bags Orange Eyewear Bag Sunglasses Musical instrument Chair Wood String instrument Musical instrument accessory Food Kitchen utensil Human body Tableware Wood
this i like, often times a person does really nice wood work but can lack in the leather, not here! the leather brace is formed perfectly and is 3 layers deep making for a 1/2" brace that is still soft enough to form to the arm.
Light Wood String instrument String instrument Automotive tire
finally the frame in hand how i have been shooting it!
Leg Wood Finger Bird Flooring
i have shot everything from bb's to .50 lead, and to be honest i dont think i have even begun to test the limits of this very stout frame, plus the way James's frame attachment fits there is really no stress to the shooting wrist, and i dont know if even James knows this but because of his design the brace adjusts to the shooter, it has the ability to rotate on its vertical axis, to fit every shooter, i will admit when Jskeen popped up as a potential trader i jumped on his trade. it is fairly well know that he is both a really knowledgeable man but also a fantastic craftsman, everyone was right!
James, thank you......................................................... talk about coming out on top of a trade!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Holy crap, don't you need some kind of a permit for that thing? Wow cool, cool.

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
That thing is cool, but the chrony fell through...

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
wow ! that thing looks like you could use lil puppies, kittens, and midgets as ammo !

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i like this Monster! cool! you have some 20mm steel? I would then shoot 25 mm steel
i want to go Joeg on this one maybe a little Tobias, after a while i do want to try this in butterfly, i know it will do golf balls.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
wow ! that thing looks like you could use lil puppies, kittens, and midgets as ammo !
i only like firing the kittens, thier eyes get really big when the pouch pulls them awayyyyyyyyyy
[/quote]

hmmmm, i have bad images

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i only like firing the kittens, thier eyes get really big when the pouch pulls them awayyyyyyyyyy
[/quote]

hmmmm, i have bad images

[/quote]carton character images?

·
Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum
1,014 Posts
I was looking for some chrony pics I had taken of that thing at one time, but my computers are so disorganized that I'm lucky to find the internet. I did some testing on it way back when it was new using half inch steel, half inch lead and .54 lead, and the bands and tubes were both able to get even the .54 lead up over 200 without having to overdraw too much. The frame really makes very little difference in the velocity, other than by what kind of bands it lets you shoot. With the big heavy non tapered bands on it, there was really very little difference between the .5 steel and the .54 lead, and probably would not have been much difference with ammo a good bit heavier, if I had any around to test.

And yes, I built it with that pivoting feature so that it would self center on the bands no matter what angle it was shot at. Between that and being able to slide the leather forearm brace back and forth, it's fairly adjustable for different people, and still can break down to be packed flat.

I did find that stress test pic again, so I'll put it up here. There's 75 pounds of lead ingots in that ammo box :)

http://slingshotforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_254/gallery_1583_254_188781.jpg

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
wow. how'd you get into my shop to take that pic?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was looking for some chrony pics I had taken of that thing at one time, but my computers are so disorganized that I'm lucky to find the internet. I did some testing on it way back when it was new using half inch steel, half inch lead and .54 lead, and the bands and tubes were both able to get even the .54 lead up over 200 without having to overdraw too much. The frame really makes very little difference in the velocity, other than by what kind of bands it lets you shoot. With the big heavy non tapered bands on it, there was really very little difference between the .5 steel and the .54 lead, and probably would not have been much difference with ammo a good bit heavier, if I had any around to test.

And yes, I built it with that pivoting feature so that it would self center on the bands no matter what angle it was shot at. Between that and being able to slide the leather forearm brace back and forth, it's fairly adjustable for different people, and still can break down to be packed flat.

I did find that stress test pic again, so I'll put it up here. There's 75 pounds of lead ingots in that ammo box :)

http://slingshotforu..._254_188781.jpg
everything i throw at it so far just just does not seem to be any arder than the last, to me that means i need to push it harder, 75# if lead? wow, that means i need to do some exercise so i can try heavier bands, not that i will use something that heavy, its just been interesting testing our the bear hunter!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
vaya Moustro tan moustroso Mark jeje!

Muy chula la Moustra caza osos jskeen.

Esa foto donde aparecen dos resorteras de apoyo se me figura cuando en una boda agarran al novio para evitar que lo tumben en el baile de la bibora de la mar jejeje! arriba los novios... los novios... los novios!!! jejeje!

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vaya Moustro tan moustroso Mark jeje!

Muy chula la Moustra caza osos jskeen.

Esa foto donde aparecen dos resorteras de apoyo se me figura cuando en una boda agarran al novio para evitar que lo tumben en el baile de la bibora de la mar jejeje! arriba los novios... los novios... los novios!!! jejeje!
el grande es padre de pie entre las 2 personas de recién casados , él sabe que el niño quiere que se quitara la ropa interior de cuero hijas! hajeheja

1 - 20 of 29 Posts