Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Is anyone know what are the remedies (or exercise) for wrist pain due to slingshot shooting - specially on the wrist which holds it. Or is there any shooting style to avoid it...

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Suggestions:
Don't ignore it as it can get worse. Use bands that are not so strong as much as possible. Shoot less at one shooting session. Learn to shoot without holding very long for sighting. Shoot every other day, or even one on and two off to allow more time for muscles to repair and build up. Hope that helps!! All the best!!!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Stop squeezing it so hard that it glows red and the bones show through?

Sorry; the solution is to take time off for about a month, then when you shoot again, use lower power bands, lighter ammo, lower forks and/or a wrist brace.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You could use a wrist brace or add a hole into the slingshot for your little finger to fit into that takes away any pull from the forks if you are using strong bands, or just downsize and use weaker bands and smaller shot until it's better.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Thanks Perry / Dan /Hawk

I hold it very tightly, I think pain is due to that...., I use only 2 slingshots, Chinese one - Similar to General Hunter with 1745 tubes & Perry's PS1 with double bands (gum rubber). largest ammo 12mm, but most of the shots from clay ammo..

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Holding it tightly would affect your forearm. Pain in the wrist itself is more likely to be joint or tendon related and that's due to torque. Best speak to an occupational therapist.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Very strong Bands, especially tubes can cause all kinds of problems. -- Tex

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
If you are determined to keep shooting you might want to invest in a wrist braced slingshot.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
A wrist brace is not always the answer, because the part of the problem is caused by shock. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
E-shot
Stop shooting for awile and do isometric exercises.It increases blood flow and speeds healing.I found shooting to light of ammo increases hand shock.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I work in a Physical therapy office. Best thing is to ice it and rest it. if you do want to continue to shoot. Just use a simple ace wrap or you can purchase a wrist brace that does not hinder your moblity. they make many types, the one you want to look for is one utilized for carpal tunnel or tendonitis. Also take over the counter Ibuprofen is you can tolerate it. After each activity you must ice it and rest it. If this does not work they make a specialty brace used for carpal tunnel that is worn and night to put the wrist in a non dependent postion to relieve the pressure on the nerves in the wrist. If this fails see an MD. Hope this helps.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all, I m using a Wrist support (gel) mouse pad now, very less shooting. things are getting better. So it is again question to me whether pain started using mouse or slingshot....

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Years back I had tendonitis in both my elbows.All winter I did isometric exercises after a few months of that the tendonitis went away and never came back.I keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts