Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!!
Finally I got some spare time to work and finish an oak fork that my dear Slingshotforum friend Btoon84 swaped with me some time ago. What a nice wood to work! I decided to give the fork a simple "Y" shape, with a small and sturdy handle. It comes with double latex bands (2cm) of different power (red and black) and a nice and soft, yet strong, leather pouch. If you are watching this topic, Btoon84, I thank you VERY MUCH for your nice gift...a part of this slingshot is YOURS!!! I only hope that you'll be pleased with this humble work of mine
But I can assure you this: It shoots pretty well!!
With friendship...
Q

Attachments

Reactions: Mr.Teh

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking Y fork... gotta love that wood, too.
Thanks a lot for your comments and feedback, guys!!!

To tell the truth, i've never worked an oak fork before, Dayhiker. And it's a pretty and valuable wood for sure!!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Very enjoyable and efficient that profile, I'm sure your friend will love.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very enjoyable and efficient that profile, I'm sure your friend will love.
Muchas gracias Chepo!!! I went shoot with it today and the bands stretch a lot...almost butterfly. But it's accurate!!

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Friend DOES love! Wonderful job there Q! I couldn't have done any better
That fork ended up having some pretty cool grain colorations on the one side, interesting!! I'm glad it turned out like that for you! I knew it was special
You gave it a nice stain and a great finish, What'd you use?

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That fork ended up having some pretty cool grain colorations on the one side, interesting!! I'm glad it turned out like that for you! I knew it was special
Thanks for your comment, my friend!!! Coming from you, these words are really valuable. To be honest, i was afraid to work on the fork for a while, such was the responsibility. You may think this is silly, but i really treasured our trade
But it turned out good after all. And it's really accurate. So thanks again my friend...Anytime you want another quercus suber fork, dont hesitate!! Cheers!!
Q

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Thanks for your comment, my friend!!! Coming from you, these words are really valuable. To be honest, i was afraid to work on the fork for a while, such was the responsibility. You may think this is silly, but i really treasured our trade
But it turned out good after all. And it's really accurate. So thanks again my friend...Anytime you want another quercus suber fork, dont hesitate!! Cheers!!
Q[/quote]

Awwww teary eyed moment of brotherly love in 3, 2, 1....!!! I treasure our trade as well my good bud Quercusuber
you are a true gentlemen and wonderful ambassador to this silly little hobby!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Q[/quote]

Awwww teary eyed moment of brotherly love in 3, 2, 1....!!! I treasure our trade as well my good bud Quercusuber
you are a true gentlemen and wonderful ambassador to this silly little hobby!
[/quote]

Ah!!! Almost forgot: Linseed oil (bath) and 2 or 3 coats of shellac...Hail Btoon84, Rubber Gladiator!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts