Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Simpleshot order today! A red axiom ocularis and some roo pouches. Banded it up with looped Golds blue(.015"ish). Love both, and began shooting well immediately! 3/4 roo pouches perfect with marbles! Jury's still out on the roo vs. my trimmed minimalist microfiber pouches, however. They are absolutely light and tough. First rate order from ss as always.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on the roo pouches from ss. Ima order more. I cant imagine needing anything else for 3/8-5/8. Of course ive written off short draw and heavy bands, so the heaviest these pouches will see is single 7/8 tbg, or single 2050. How is their strength with more rubber?
Heres some pics. I set up a little box to shoot tonight. 556 case, 54 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have some roo pouches, but not from SS, Warrior ones. They are definitely tough little beasts! They will outlast most anything :)
Do you band up the axiom with tubes too?

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
That'll do... that'll do really well.
I, too, think TBG is going to be my strongest bands and 5/8" my largest ammo.
Just a plinker.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id love to plink with 5/8 steel, but $$$$. Tonight i also threw single 2050 on a topshot, and was just as accurate and just a little slower. But too much rubber. I think it would be a perfect 15 yd target setup with big steel. Boing. Id have to beef up the backstop ????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
That'll do... that'll do really well.
I, too, think TBG is going to be my strongest bands and 5/8" my largest ammo.
Just a plinker.
5/8 you mean marbles, right? Because 5/8 steel is......a bit heavy for plinking for me at least :)
Yes, Skropi... marbles and clay bits (homemade, of course).

Reactions: skropi

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I am going to start shooting marbles again because they are very very cheap. I really need ammo I can just throw away in targets of opportunity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am going to start shooting marbles again because they are very very cheap. I really need ammo I can just throw away in targets of opportunity.
Ceramic baking beads are a good option. They are light weight but fly really straight. They will break down faster than glass, not as dangerous when broken, and no risk of fires when left in the bushes like there is with glass.

I think now is an oppertune time to say, we should never leave glass laying around in the wild. There is a very real risk of fires being started.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Waimser, that is an excellent point that i was not aware of. Makes perfect sense. What's the heaviest clay ball i can procure readily?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts