Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think Skropi is right. There are better products out there now. But that does not mean TBG is not GOOD band material. Maybe just not the BEST. I still use it. I'd say you made a good purchase and even if you shoot every day it will take you a while to get through that,

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I still love the feel of TBG. I will be getting some Precise and such with the anti-cold properties. But in the warm weather I'll stretching the Gold.

GZK will likely have some of that pinknans orange stuff that Kawkan tested.

Congratulatiins, Mike. It is fun stuff. How are you gonna cut that up? For me that is part of the fun.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Skropi is right. There are better products out there now. But that does not mean TBG is not GOOD band material. Maybe just not the BEST. I still use it. I'd say you made a good purchase and even if you shoot every day it will take you a while to get through that,
Thanks - could you tell me the product names of the "better products", please?

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still love the feel of TBG. I will be getting some Precise and such with the anti-cold properties. But in the warm weather I'll stretching the Gold.

GZK will likely have some of that pinknans orange stuff that Kawkan tested.

Congratulatiins, Mike. It is fun stuff. How are you gonna cut that up? For me that is part of the fun.
Thanks - for cutting, a rotary cutter is coming, and I already have the self-healing cutting mat and the heavy ruler.

"Precise" - what is that, please? And "GZK" and the "pinknans orange stuff"?

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
GZK will likely have some of that pink and orange stuff that Kawkan tested.
Thanks - for cutting, a rotary cutter is coming, and I already have the self-healing cutting mat and the heavy ruler.

"Precise" - what is that, please? And "GZK" and the "pink and orange stuff"?

Regards,
Mike
GZK is a person and a seller of elastics and other items.

Precise is a brand of elastics.
I will look for some links to share.

Also Wu Jim sells these as well as Simple Shot. I am not sure which postage would be fastest for you.

Reactions: mike160304

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GZK is a person and a seller of elastics and other items.

Precise is a brand of elastics.
I will look for some links to share.

Also Wu Jim sells these as well as Simple Shot. I am not sure which postage would be fastest for you.

Thanks! I'll look for those and learn more.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
815 Posts
I get mine off e bay, I think it comes from n carolina or Virginia, a medical supply place, don’t have. Receipt or shipping tag laying around, was good price, fast shipping.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You may find this supplier useful for bands and pouches: "Mr Yang outdoor supplies", which shows up under Aliexpress.com:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2787203?spm=2114.10010108.100005.1.2c4d4de9r3xRyZ

The "precise" range of flat band rubber is available from both GZK and Dankung, who also both sell reputable slingshots i.e. steel, not zinc alloy:

GZK: https://trade.onloon.net/detail?itemId=46710b1dff8148a58d7488c854769a41

Dankung: http://www.dankung.com/Gcontent/genuine-precise-latex-band-best-and-most-people-used-flat-slingshot-band_2419

Have fun!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts