Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Tree Man for hooking me up with a perfect English Yew fork from his own front yard. Also Randy Knapp for seeding the idea via his un-natural natural he made 5 years ago.
I have no secret sauce to share on this build aside from going very, very slow and meticulous and thinking through my steps many times before going at it. Tree Man asked me if the ‘M’ was intentional and to be honest I didn’t even see it until he mentioned it. I am also pleased to report that it shoots like a champ!

·
Master of Swine Fu
2,735 Posts
Thanks to Tree Man for hooking me up with a perfect English Yew fork from his own front yard. Also Randy Knapp for seeding the idea via his un-natural natural he made 5 years ago.
I have no secret sauce to share on this build aside from going very, very slow and meticulous and thinking through my steps many times before going at it. Tree Man asked me if the ‘M’ was intentional and to be honest I didn’t even see it until he mentioned it. I am also pleased to report that it shoots like a champ!
View attachment 352261 View attachment 352262 View attachment 352263 View attachment 352264 View attachment 352265 View attachment 352266
SWEET

·
Super Moderator
6,539 Posts
I'm not a big fan of natural forks but man you may have changed my mind about them with that entry! You nailed it MO! Love the grain,the finish, and that Micarta tip marriage-Genius!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
You must hae x-ray eyes to be able to visualize the finished frame inside of the raw fork. Very well done!

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Getting such high marks from all of your exceptional makers and shooters is quite a lift! It is important for me to share the love. Check out YouTube video via the search Randy Knapp Slingshots then find the Un-Natural Natural video. This idea stuck in my head a couple of years ago and it made sense when I felt that I needed to add support to the forks to accept a looped tubes setup. I not only had some scraps of Brown Micarta available but I have a Tree Man Zone7 conus made from the same English Yew that gave birth to this fork. I knew I was going to see some brown and honey colors underneath that bark. The big deal is I had only once chance to get it right. However I could see some Black Walnut and Black Micarta at some point in my future! Thanks again. You guys are all awesome!

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Look yew go man 👨🏻‍🎓yew is rocking it Mo man 🤘🏻Yew done a great job ! Yew need make me one haha (jk)
Hey brother I am into that! I’ve been trying to discover my own ‘signature build’ and this might be it. I am still refining my Chalice work but adding something ‘extra’ to a Natty is something that many of the makers here do exceptionally well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts