Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Ray Rowden
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ply Pass around

Yo, fellow slingshot fanatics!
I have an offer that someone out there cannot refuse.
Shoot my slingshots! Then send them back or on to another shooter.
I recently pulled a piece of weathered (but good quality) plywood from my project bin and cut out four slingshots - A standard OTT Ranger, an OTT Snipersling copy, a TTF R10 and a Kestrel. I added an Axiom Champ from several years back that was the prototype to my Micarta EDC/Competition shooter.
Then, as I was getting this together @TBShooter offered to add a couple more - an OTT Ghost, an OTT Chalice, and one of his TTF Ergo models with the slot band attachment. His additions are not finished, but are very shootable. They are just what he’s providing in his $9 ready to finish offer via YouTube and Facebook.
Photograph White Vertebrate Wood Bicycle part

Mine are dead-simple builds. Cut with a jig saw, shaped with a rasp/file, and sanded to 400 grit. They were all finished with a couple of wipe-on coats of boiled linseed oil. But they shoot well and hold comfortably.
I banded all of them with Simple-Shot .60mm cut to 7-½ inches (190.5mm) tapered 12-6mm. The bands are intended for 9-10mm clay ammo drawing the 7-inch active length from 28 to 35 inches (4 to 5 times). They work pretty well for me for .177 steel up to 5/16-inch steel. You can punch holes in beverage cans with ⅜, but there’s a noticeable arc in the the trajectory. I’ll put a sandwich bag of the clay ammo in the box to get things started.
I hope someone out there is interested in trying one or two of these out. The only cost would be shipping the box back or on, as the case might be. But, due to the mailing rates, we will keep it in the U.S. for now.
This is a pass-along - not a contest or a giveaway. Any member of the forum in the U.S. is welcome. @High Desert Flipper passed along a Saunders Wing last year and @Tobor8Man organized a pass along list with it. That was fun for me and many other members. And that’s what this is about.
Food Cuisine Natural material Gas Artifact

Here's how it works:
Post here if you want to participate. The standard “I’m in,” will work. You can direct message me with your mailing info. I will maintain the list and send the package to the first forum member who’s interested. They should shoot and then send it to the next forum member within 2 weeks.
Please use this thread to post the arrival and shipping of the package, ask any questions that come up, and make any comments you’d like. Use Direct Messaging to share addresses, instead of posting them in the thread.
In keeping with forum traditions, I will also include a few extras in the shipping box. Feel free to add or take extras - but please do not hijack slingshots. If one gets lost or eaten by a pet I can whip out a replacement in a day or so.

·
Ray Rowden
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m going to pass this time around but just wanted to say that the @Tobor8Man Saunders Wing pass around was a great experience for me as a new member and resulted in a few great friendships and experiences! New guys, take advantage of this to try out some different frames! (30 post rule on this one Ray?)
New members and old members enjoyed that pass around. Maybe some old timers will get in on this, too.
I thought about requiring a minimum number of posts, but decided to open it up to newbies. No minimum number of posts necessary. We Loves everybody and trusts everybody!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Ply Pass around

Yo, fellow slingshot fanatics!
I have an offer that someone out there cannot refuse.
Shoot my slingshots! Then send them back or on to another shooter.
I recently pulled a piece of weathered (but good quality) plywood from my project bin and cut out four slingshots - A standard OTT Ranger, an OTT Snipersling copy, a TTF R10 and a Kestrel. I added an Axiom Champ from several years back that was the prototype to my Micarta EDC/Competition shooter.
Then, as I was getting this together @TBShooter offered to add a couple more - an OTT Ghost, an OTT Chalice, and one of his TTF Ergo models with the slot band attachment. His additions are not finished, but are very shootable. They are just what he’s providing in his $9 ready to finish offer via YouTube and Facebook.
View attachment 368236
Mine are dead-simple builds. Cut with a jig saw, shaped with a rasp/file, and sanded to 400 grit. They were all finished with a couple of wipe-on coats of boiled linseed oil. But they shoot well and hold comfortably.
I banded all of them with Simple-Shot .60mm cut to 7-½ inches (190.5mm) tapered 12-6mm. The bands are intended for 9-10mm clay ammo drawing the 7-inch active length from 28 to 35 inches (4 to 5 times). They work pretty well for me for .177 steel up to 5/16-inch steel. You can punch holes in beverage cans with ⅜, but there’s a noticeable arc in the the trajectory. I’ll put a sandwich bag of the clay ammo in the box to get things started.
I hope someone out there is interested in trying one or two of these out. The only cost would be shipping the box back or on, as the case might be. But, due to the mailing rates, we will keep it in the U.S. for now.
This is a pass-along - not a contest or a giveaway. Any member of the forum in the U.S. is welcome. @High Desert Flipper passed along a Saunders Wing last year and @Tobor8Man organized a pass along list with it. That was fun for me and many other members. And that’s what this is about.
View attachment 368237
Here's how it works:
Post here if you want to participate. The standard “I’m in,” will work. You can direct message me with your mailing info. I will maintain the list and send the package to the first forum member who’s interested. They should shoot and then send it to the next forum member within 2 weeks.
Please use this thread to post the arrival and shipping of the package, ask any questions that come up, and make any comments you’d like. Use Direct Messaging to share addresses, instead of posting them in the thread.
In keeping with forum traditions, I will also include a few extras in the shipping box. Feel free to add or take extras - but please do not hijack slingshots. If one gets lost or eaten by a pet I can whip out a replacement in a day or so.
Word to that...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts