Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old man (who grew up during the yo-yo craze in the 1920's and 1930's) taught me the basics when I was 5. I taught my son during the yo-yo craze in the 1990's. Received a yo-yo for my birthday. I am amazed at the technological improvements. Starting to teach myself the basics for more complex tricks.

Anyone else enjoy spinning yo-yo's?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the theory that you can make a PFS out of just about anything - sure - why not?

You can also hang your yo-yo in a target box - the original spinner!

Better yet - have a friend throw a yo-yo and try to hit it before he/she returns it to his/her hand!

If you want ridiculously minuscule ammo - you can take the ball bearings out of the yo-yo bearings, or hack up the metal axle into ammo sized chunks.

Maybe melt a bunch of yo-yo and pour the molten stuff into a mold to make a frame.

Tie a yo-yo to the lanyard hole of your slingshot and spin the yo-yo before each shot for a gyro stabilizer.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old school Butterflies like Duncans? Yo-yo's with a brain are usually Yomegas. Tommy Smothers branded yo-yos were manufactured by a number of different companies, including PlayMaxx (eventually purchased by Duncan), Hummingbird, and even the legendary Tom Kuhn.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I used to love these as a kid! I never had a spinner, but did play around with my friends to walk the dog, etc. Fun story: I used to work at a Chik-fil-a, and we had a family of regulars come in. The boy had a yo-yo and I attempted to show him 'around-the-world' but only managed to crack an old lady on the forehead with it when it swung behind my head. I almost had a heart attack! She was fine, I gave her and her husband tons of free food, and didn't get fired. Haven't touched one since... afraid who else I might maim.

Reactions: Island made
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.