Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first let me set the mood

I was in charge of the BBQ at my daughters surprise birthday party on Saturday and burnt my right index finger and thumb pretty bad.(The pictures don't do it Justis!) I used one of those charcoal chimneys to get the coals going and then after dumping the coals I put it off to the side. My 5 year old nephew was eying the flames like a deer in the headlights, so when I put it down he went for it. I reacted without thinking and grabbed it before he could. That sucker was almost glowing red. I yelled in pain and some" French"
came out also. The little guy was scaired off and my wife's sister gave me the stink eye the rest of the day for making him cry.

Now what does this have to do with slingshots!?! I'm getting my new PS-1 one in a bit and I'm going on vacation camping next week. Can you imagine having a whole week to do almost nothing in the deep woods and NOT being able to hold the sling shot pouch!
How can I shoot with the remaining three fingers!
MAN WHAT BAD TIMING! The other bad thing was that I couldn't finish my naturals on Sunday afternoon with one good hand. Oh well, at least I can watch my girls shoot on vacation. Hummm, maybe I should teach them how to sand and finish my naturals also?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,537 Posts
Hi Snake,
sorry to hear about your fingers Bud. You should take a page out of Jim Harris book. He messed up his thumb last year and all year was practicing holding the pouch between the index finger and middle finger. He now likes it so much that he won't go back to using his thumb and side of index finger. Get this-he also won the 2010 East Coast Slingshot Tournament using this method! Give him a ring and give his way a try! Flatband

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Ouch! That looks real painful.

What Flatband says makes sense. I have quite a bit of trouble with my hands and sometimes shoot that way. I don't see any problems with accuracy either. Hope it heals up fast.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give it a shot! It makes sense, it's almost like a release. Ya know, it's not a horrible burn, it's just one of those small annoying things that gets in the way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Lately, I have occasionally been holding the pouch between my index and middle finger, works fine. I started experimenting because my thumb joint is feeling the effects from slingshots or the strain from years of hard work, or the combination of both. It is fine. Only a small adjustment.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Fresh Aloe Vera. It has worked for me several (dozen times) Sorry to see you need it- head to your local plant shop and buy an Aloe plant. Snap off a lil piece of the plant and let the inner plant juice drizzle on the burns. It does take the sting away and help it heal a bit faster, Try It.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fresh Aloe Vera. It has worked for me several (dozen times) Sorry to see you need it- head to your local plant shop and buy an Aloe plant. Snap off a lil piece of the plant and let the inner plant juice drizzle on the burns. It does take the sting away and help it heal a bit faster, Try It.
Yep, great stuff for sunburns also! My wife and kids use it. Unfortunately I'm allergic to it now. The last good sunburn I had I used some and had to go to the doctor because of the reaction. The doctor laughed and told me I was the first person he has seen that had a reaction from the stuff. Lucky me!

Thanks!

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
That will heal and you will be able to shoot again in far less than a week. 2 days at most. I have burnt my fingers more times than I can remember.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Unfortunately I'm allergic to it now. The doctor laughed and told me I was the first person he has seen that had a reaction from the stuff. Lucky me!

Thanks!
[/quote]

Daaaang sorry about yer luck! I'm one up on your Doc - you are only the 2nd person in my lifetime to be able to claim this though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts