Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love talking to young people and give them words of encouragement. This Lady I know was telling me that her daughter was being told by kids in her school she was fat and shouldn't play sports???? First of all no one has to tell us we're fat???????? . I'm all for rewarding the best, they work very hard to get where they are???????? I'm also all for encouraging the ones that give their best, not a trophy, just ENCOURAGE them. This girl Im referring to, has discovered swimming, and does quite well???????? She has lost a ton of weight, and her self esteem has sky rocketed. Will she be the best, maybe not, but she doing the best she can.????❤????

I would have put this in off topic, but it's a piece of ???? just like my like butt#&

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Kids can be cruel! I hope she rocks it in the pool, a high school friend had a daughter that swam at the state level in high school and that girl was ripped! It's a great sport and I only wish I could swim. I can propel myself in the water, but I can't swim!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Right on!
One thing about swimming as an exercise is that it can actually make new muscle cells... not just tear and heal like weights of similar exercises.

Get strong and work cardio.

I am like DSL... I can move my body along in water... it also helps if I am going down stream. Hahaha...
If I could I'd be a prefessional dancer... or an Iron Man competitor... swimming is a close 2nd or 3rd in my ultimate ideal self.

But I can backpack and sling and fish... that's pretty okay by me.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Cruel kids are the ones who cause us to grow stronger. Without the cruel kids and bullies we'd never learn to stand up for ourselves. They separate the weak from the strong and help us build character and fortitude. They teach us not to be victims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.