Slingshots Forum banner

Your most lucky shot

740 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  devils son in law 
#1 ·
Tell me your most lucky shot with any weapon!
For me its with my Chinese el cheapo, 0.177, air rifle. Granted, I have tweaked it, after market spring and seal, and it is no where near stock performance. Still, that shot was more than lucky!
A huge pigeon, Columba palumbus, was on the chimney of a neighbour, 80 meters away. Yes guys, 80 meters. I took the shot without adjusting much for distance, as I wasn't expecting to actually kill it from so far away. I am taking the shot, and ai watch the bird spiralling down.... I got it directly in the chest, didn't penetrate it much, just enough to hit its heart. Any other hit, apart from a headshot, and the bird would have shrugged it off easily.
The only problem with that shot is that no one that wasn't there believes it, so I am not telling the story very often ????
At that time I was in a group of people and we were shooting often together, so I did have much practice, but still, I don't believe I could make that shot again!

Reactions: Tag
#3 ·
A group of friends, family and I (along with the girlfriend of course) were settling in for a Harry Potter Marathon at the old place and we realized after everybody was comfortable that no one had turned off the lights.

Now since this was my house and all, there was a Scout on the coffee table and a jar of Nerf HIR balls. (soft foam mini golfball shapes, it's their newest replacement for the old foam darts) which I kept there because one of my cats actually plays fetch with the balls, and vastly prefers Dad throws the with them slingshot so they bounce around like mad for chasing.

So I told everyone I got this, pouched a round and without really looking I fired at the switch on the wall completely expecting to fail miserably - and wouldn't you know it the ball hit the switch just right and killed the lights. Wasn't more than a 20-foot shot.

I did my best to play it off like it was easy-shootn' and started the movie without skipping a beat. Fair to say some in the room were shocked.

Maybe I'm a SlingWizard.

#4 ·
Was down at an orphanage in Belize years back,had taken two daisy BB guns pump type.Oneof the kids spotted a 6-7 inch lizard midway up asmall tree about 15 meters away and handed me the daisy,took the shot expecting nothing hit it dead center at the base of the skull,the kids had that lizard on a stick and in the fire pretty fast.Everyone was happy especially me.

#5 ·
My Dad bought me a 410 shotgun when I Wes’s a lot younger, and took me out rabbit and pheasant hunting. We get out of the car, and I ask if it’s ok to load my gun. After getting permission, I load it and as I look up a rabbit ran across the barn lot. II take careful aim and fired the gun. I hear my Dad say (Thank goodness he hit the rabbit and not the brand new tractor tire) The tractor was approximately 3 feet behind the rabbit

#6 ·
Ha!! Years ago I was working at a golf course, when a strong storm set in, I found myself and a couple other guys under a shelter that had a bed of rocks along the edge. Being fidgety, I started throwing rocks and let one fly at a white pipe that stuck up 2' from the ground. It was far away and I couldn't possibly hit it.....BOOM!

Turns out it was a well point for the sprinkler system and there was instantly a 40ft gusher straight into the air. Ooops...... "There's a geyser out on fairway 9, not sure if it was lightning or what" :angrymod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.