Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello brothers and sisters

Before investing a big amount of money in Axiom X, I would like to get your honest opinion.
If you own an Axiom X and you would like to share your thoughts, it would be appreciated.

Surely the slingshot looks nice and the designer has done a nice job. But I am not sure about all these moving parts. I mean when you set it up to match your hand, you won't ever touch these moving parts. So I wonder if paying that amount of money is worth the trip.
Peace

· Registered
407 Posts
I have one, and it's a great concept. I would personally advise new shooters who want to invest in a quality frame to get it for figuring out their preferred fork width, gap, etc. I know it seems like a lot of money to invest, but when you buy a handful of the cheaper frames you've already spent the money anyway and may not have what you want

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one, and it's a great concept. I would personally advise new shooters who want to invest in a quality frame to get it for figuring out their preferred fork width, gap, etc. I know it seems like a lot of money to invest, but when you buy a handful of the cheaper frames you've already spent the money anyway and may not have what you want

Hello
I am not a new shooter :) but I was wondering if it is worth the money and wanted an opinion from someone who owns the Axiom X.

Thanks brother

· Super Moderator
2,799 Posts
You were selling off your collection due to medical problems. It's good to see things are better and your buying expensive shooters again .

I don't think things are that much better....
This just shows ya that Adonis is STILL AN ADDICT!
Hahaha
& Still a kid at heart ❤
Like the rest of us... Sling on Brother!
🤪 🤪 🤪 🎯 🎯 🎯 🍻 🍻 🍻 :love: 🌞 😇 🤡

Smile Facial expression White Black Cap

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I don't think things are that much better....
This just shows ya that Adonis is STILL AN ADDICT!
Hahaha
& Still a kid at heart ❤
Like the rest of us... Sling on Brother!
🤪 🤪 🤪 🎯 🎯 🎯 🍻 🍻 🍻 :love: 🌞 😇 🤡

View attachment 365366
Indeed, I am still a slingshot addict and I still shoot daily, unless I am at the hospital or have some heart complication.

· Registered
1,514 Posts
I pre-ordered my Axiom X so I have been shooting it for over a month now. I did a full review a couple of weeks ago on it with all the details, but the short of it is it is a very good slingshot that costs a lot of money. Once you get it adjusted to your hand you'll never adjust it again and all the moving parts make no difference at all. It is no more accurate than my homemade slingshots that I shoot daily, but it is very accurate and I am very glad I bought it.
If the money isn't an issue then it is a great slingshot! If money is an issue then I would stay away, it is nothing more special than an adjustable slingshot that is made very well.
I do shoot it almost daily and I am very happy with it! The fiber optic just broke yesterday? Not sure how it broke or why, but not a big deal to swap it out.
Tool Wood Power tool Bicycle part Gas

Vince

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I pre-ordered my Axiom X so I have been shooting it for over a month now. I did a full review a couple of weeks ago on it with all the details, but the short of it is it is a very good slingshot that costs a lot of money. Once you get it adjusted to your hand you'll never adjust it again and all the moving parts make no difference at all. It is no more accurate than my homemade slingshots that I shoot daily, but it is very accurate and I am very glad I bought it.
If the money isn't an issue then it is a great slingshot! If money is an issue then I would stay away, it is nothing more special than an adjustable slingshot that is made very well.
I do shoot it almost daily and I am very happy with it! The fiber optic just broke yesterday? Not sure how it broke or why, but not a big deal to swap it out.
View attachment 365522
Vince
Thank Vince for your comments.:)
Oh I see from that picture that you got a fork hit on the right Fork Tip ? of the image is not clear?

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes that is a fork hit?? When I was getting it all set up at the very beginning I was having trouble figuring out the proper hold and gave it its first beauty mark. Only fork hid I've ever had though with it.
HAHAH I love the way you said it Vince first beauty mark

· Registered
407 Posts
I would not have it as a gift. With makers like IslandMade, TreeMan, John Jeffries ect, why bother?
Because customs are often double or more the price of this frame. $120 isn't bad, especially if you consider that you'll spend that and more by buying all the frames SS sells. Buy the X, figure out what you like. Grip, fork width, gap, etc., then buy a custom.

· Mojave Mo
5,518 Posts
This frame appeals to the Ultraman inside of me. I'm too old for the Transformers generation but I see where this could be a hit with those shooters as well. I like things simple. My Pops ruined me when powered windows were becoming the norm as he bristled, "just one more GD thing to go wrong". I know from experience with SS that this frame is built with a definite pride in workmanship and could be the same thing that I sought in the Scout LT---flats, tubes, ott, ttf, clipped or wrapped and you can stir your hot cocoa with it too. As a businessman I get it. As a shooter I get it. As I am one of the Jones' I suggest you all get one and let me know if I should get one too. Heck----that is how I ended up with everything I have!? #eatyergreens

· Registered
2,600 Posts
Because customs are often double or more the price of this frame. $120 isn't bad, especially if you consider that you'll spend that and more by buying all the frames SS sells. Buy the X, figure out what you like. Grip, fork width, gap, etc., then buy a custom.

I am quite sure if you sent Shane or Chris $120.00 you would be happy with what you got in return.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts