1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
Tough call... Currently:

1) GZK Feihu Fork

2) PWP Sweet Midget PFS

3) Unifoxx

I don't know what it is about that GZK, but I smile everytime I pick it up. Was the first slingshot that felt effortlessly accurate. It's like magic. Other frames I have to work for it, but that Feihu just feels right. It's not my nicest, but currently it is my favorite to shoot.

The Sweet Midget lives up to its name. It is sweet :)

The Uniphoxx is what it is... What's not to like there?

f4mCARc.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,683 Posts
Very difficult but as of right now:

1- my own self made 3/8" Bent Aluminum Rod Custom/with .030" Latex Flatbands-TTT

2-First Production Run Saunders Falcon 2 /with .030"Latex Flatbands-OTT

3-Tinker Killdeer with 5/8" Gum Rubber bands-TTT

Tough choice!

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
1.SPS Birch Commoner's Sling (seeking hi-grade royalty version)
2. PP Uni-Boyscout or Scorpion or Top Shot!
3. My own Modified Dead Ringer by Simple Shot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have one of the birch Slingshots in orange that give gave me. It's a great Slingshot.
f025c5fd2719ab2abe6a11158bb9c51f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
Always changing, but right now my top three choices in "styles" are:

1. Naturals

2. Axiom Champ and it's derivatives

3a. Chalice

3b. Topshot/Boyshot

3d. Chinese bent-wire type frames

There are sooo many types and styles I have yet to try.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have over 100 slingshots with no current plans to get rid of any. Homemade frames, Chinese frames, American made, UK made and one birch natural. Some I have on display, some in a tote-box and others lay on a table as my go-to shooters. My go-to shooters for the last month have been as follows. These are my most accurate, for now.

1 - Chinese ABS pincher frame - Low fork height. Stable shooter. Small 3 1/4" wide frame with a comfortable pinch width that works for me. Very easy to shoot accurately. My overused, aging hands are often sore so I taped a piece of foam-rubber on the handle of my main shooter frame for comfort. I like this frame so much that I recently ordered 2 more for spares. Cost was $9.95 total for 2 frames and 6 bandsets.

2 - Chinese ABS hybrid Feihu - Small frame with 3" fork width. It looks sweet and shoots nice.

3 - Chinese stainless steel fork-clamp frame - Small 3 1/8" frame width. This one shoots nice and is actually tied for 3rd place with my aluminum Dobbers F1 frame from the UK (other pic).

I would welcome an American made molded polycarbonate example (clone/copy) of the first frame. The clamps could be put on the front side and no sights needed. Price could be $35USd and be a reasonable deal. The cloning can go both ways!

The bands on frame #1 are not stuck to the clamps. If a clamp bent or broke away, the band would possibly give a face slap like a band breaking at the fork. It's more likely that the clamp would loosen at the screw fastener and allow the band to slip out. ABS front clamps could do the same. I only use 5-7 pound bands on this frame for comfortable plinking. No problems yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have over 100 slingshots with no current plans to get rid of any. Homemade frames, Chinese frames, American made, UK made and one birch natural. Some I have on display, some in a tote-box and others lay on a table as my go-to shooters. My go-to shooters for the last month have been as follows. These are my most accurate, for now.

1 - Chinese ABS pincher frame - Low fork height. Stable shooter. Small 3 1/4" wide frame with a comfortable pinch width that works for me. Very easy to shoot accurately. My overused, aging hands are often sore so I taped a piece of foam-rubber on the handle of my main shooter frame for comfort. I like this frame so much that I recently ordered 2 more for spares. Cost was $9.95 total for 2 frames and 6 bandsets.

2 - Chinese ABS hybrid Feihu - Small frame with 3" fork width. It looks sweet and shoots nice.

3 - Chinese stainless steel fork-clamp frame - Small 3 1/8" frame width. This one shoots nice and is actually tied for 3rd place with my aluminum Dobbers F1 frame from the UK (other pic).

I would welcome an American made molded polycarbonate example (clone/copy) of the first frame. The clamps could be put on the front side and no sights needed. Price could be $35USd and be a reasonable deal. The cloning can go both ways!

The bands on frame #1 are not stuck to the clamps. If a clamp bent or broke away, the band would possibly give a face slap like a band breaking at the fork. It's more likely that the clamp would loosen at the screw fastener and allow the band to slip out. ABS front clamps could do the same. I only use 5-7 pound bands on this frame for comfortable plinking. No problems yet.
Somehow I have never heard of Dobbers Catapults but I like the look of that F1 sling you have! I see on his facebook that he is no longer taking orders though.

·
Registered
815 Posts
OK here's my top 3
The red tubed redbud with eyeball, I really shoot a lot, feels good, shoots good
Then I got the dead wormy maple, like John browns body, really like the feel
And my goody I love to shoot, The Independence, fine piece, fine,
I got store bought but they just not my favorites, geezer thing I guess. Shoe Pink Red Basic pump Nail

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1. Timberwolf Golf Ball Driver - custom from Perry and Kay at A+ Slingshots - designed to launch golf balls for distance, heavy tubes and python pouch - this is shot w/ a either an EZ Shot rotary arrow release (also from Perry and Kay) or an archery caliper release

2. Modified Trumark WS-1 - w/ pseudo tapered 1842 tubes attached w/ paracord gypsy tabs, wrapped and tucked w/ #64 office rubber bands, built up grip with wood and wrapped in leather

3. SS Torque, paracord wrapped grip, pseudo tapered 1842 tubes and a Warrior microfiber pouch

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've enjoyed some of AliExpress' options of late, but there have been 3 standouts that I always come back to. In no particular order, they are the Lil' Plinker and Torque from SimpleShot, as well as the Wasp Uniphoxx. Although the Torque isn't my most ergonomic frame, something about it just meshes well with me. It points nicely and I love the wide fork tips and overall slim profile. It nicely accommodates tubes as well.

The Plinker is an old favorite. An extremely simple design executed perfectly and it was available for a very competitive price (although it has since been discontinued, unfortunately). The overall proportions are ideal for my hand, it may as well have been made for me. Comfy and classic.

The Uni scratches the similar itch of familiarity as the Plinker, although it's a little more interesting with its design nuances. I love how compact it is and the clear polycarbonate of my example adds that *cool* factor. Tons of options too, I've been meaning to choose another (or 3) from the myriad color varieties. Nice for gifts or spares (for the car or backpack!) and it weighs nuthin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts