Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey slinger's....
I have watch so many video's of Zack and his creation the Sparrow. That I've tried to get ahold of him through his web site many months ago. Hoping he would have saved one for me to purchase. However I never got a response.
I dunno...maybe he was on a trip and maybe still is...lol.
However I see now that Simple Shot now carries this design, for what seems to be at a great price. Does anybody here have any experience with the Sparrow? I'd love to hear about it.
Other then that, does anybody know how Zack sets his up? I'd like to be able to do the butterfly draw. For some reason my SS LT with the band set i have on it i can not. I set up my LT using 3/8" steel shot, however, no way can i pull a butterfly with this. It's more like my normal draw using a recurve. Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Whatever tapers your using I'd cut the active length at about 14 inches, then trial and error from there. More than likely you'll end up shortening the active length. Mine is between 11 1/2 to 12 inches depending on the taper

As for the Sparrow never had one, I know quite a few of the members have them
Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
He is banned here, likely banned in Canada now too. Maybe he didn't reply as he's got some legal issues to deal with for violating many of our Canadian hunting and fishing laws.

If it was me, I'd try to emulate a different shooter and support a different frame maker.
Lol why was he banned from the forum? For uploading a photo of animals that could not be hunted?
Simple curiosity.

Cheers mate!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Lol why was he banned from the forum? For uploading a photo of animals that could not be hunted?
Simple curiosity.

Cheers mate!
I'm Canadian so have been following his legal issues and hope he isn't allowed back. Not sure what happened here.

·
Neophyte
2,004 Posts
The sparrow slingshot that Simple Shot sells is a good slingshot, I have had a few of them and currently own one. Not sure if it would be my first choice for full butterfly simply due to it having a narrowish fork gap. That said I have definitely seen that style of shooting with narrower fork gaps. Hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Or.....

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
The dimensions are wrong In the above pic. 😂🎯 Is that of simple shot cause it's 5mm to wide and 5mm short 😂🎯👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👌👊 The correct dimensions are 80mm wide with 20mm tips and 150mm in length.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry guys, i wasn't trying to stir anything up here. I had no idea he was banned from here. In fact I often thought why I have never seen him here. It's a shame because on YT he portrays himself as a witty fun to be around type of guy.
Well with that being said imma have to pass on the Sparrow i guess.
So any other recommendations for starting out with the butterfly?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts