·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Duuude, That's so nice ! WOW !

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u smitty, i would love to get this one casted! the prongs are a little thin and zebrano isn´t realy stong wood, but the shape is better with thin prongs.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Wow, that's nice. My zebrawood is cut differently. I think I like it better this way.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Hey Baumstamm, you make some gorgous slingshots. -- Tex

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Looks so good you could almost eat it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
LOL! Ya don't want to eat it, Zebra wood is poisonous (it sure looks like fudge to me
). No joke, you should use a respirator when sanding it and seal the wood. Some people are very allergic to it. It goes to show, the most beautiful things in life are usually dangerous.

Nice work!

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
baumstamm, you definately set a high standard with you craftsmanship. Beautiful work !!!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
LOL! Ya don't want to eat it, Zebra wood is poisonous (it sure looks like fudge to me
). No joke, you should use a respirator when sanding it and seal the wood. Some people are very allergic to it. It goes to show, the most beautiful things in life are usually dangerous.

Nice work!
[/quote]
Thanks, I really need to stop trying to eat things I think look tasty!

And Baumstamm you need to go commercial buddy!

Reactions: Sam

·
Registered
331 Posts

Nice work!
[/quote]
Thanks, I really need to stop trying to eat things I think look tasty!

And Baumstamm you need to go commercial buddy!

[/quote]

+1 on that!

He's not!
Why not? His stuff is top notch!

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
Love those Baumstamm! The lighter one has some awesome grain swirls!! Flatband

·
Registered
331 Posts
You know what it is? It rains all the time in Germany so you have lots of time to create great stuff. I spent the fall and winter of 08 in Cologne Germany and I think I saw the sun 6 times! Last winter is snowed like crazy!
Just joking, it's one of my favorite places! I make trips every six months, my company is based there.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
great looking slingshot love the wood..

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hi Baumstamm!

It is extraordinary that the grain of wood. and how well I like the fork. Why say you are not strong? not appear to be weak.

Chepo

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank u mates 4 the nice coments! to go comercial, i havn´t the right tools 4. if u want to earn money, u have to make more then 10 a day. i need for one more then a day! so who would it pay? but sometimes i sell some cattys to buy new matereal, in this case u can get a real unique catty with lots of work for a good price. i wouldn´t like making one catty like the other, so every catty is real different, never done 2 times the same! i invest lots of time in sanding and varnish, u can´t do this if u want to sell it for a reasonable price.
chepo, it isn´t realy weak but this design is more 4 laminated wood ore g10 ore stuff and it´s best 4 casting! if u use unlaminated wood u shouldn´t make the prongs so thin, but then it dosn´t look so nice, so i couldn´t resist to play with the grain and the beauty. it is like a beautifull girl, u wouldn´t eaven ask if she can cook.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts